Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

My name is ***** ***** my o2 xterra 4x4 keeps dying out it

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** my o2 xterra 4x4 keeps dying out it will start back up then after a couple miles it will die out again. It seems the distance I can travel gets shorter as the engine gets hotter. I changed the two front cats last year an drove fine through the winter even though the bank 2 cat below threshold code never went away .now that it's warmer I'm wondering if I should change the two back cats the only code on the CPU is the bank2 below threshold
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't know what else to say the vehicle keeps dying out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 6 months ago.
Hey there thanks for the question.
Expert:  Jake replied 6 months ago.
don't bother with the catalyst right now as thats not going to be causing the stalling. This is more than likely an issue with the distributor itself failing.
Expert:  Jake replied 6 months ago.
best thing to do would be to use a scan tool and look at fuel trims first to rule out any air leak or MAF issues that would cause stalling. If all looks well on that end then replacing the distributor would be the best bet.
Expert:  Jake replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you have any other questions and I will be happy to help.