Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.

Pickup: I have a 97 nissan pickup, 4 cylinder, XE AND it is

Customer Question

I have a 97 nissan pickup, 4 cylinder, XE AND it is idling at 1200 rpms in park and 800 rpms when put in drive or reverse.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clayso replied 6 months ago.
Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.From your description it sounds like the Auxiliary Air control (AAC) valve is keeping the idle to high. Try tapping on the AAC valve on the side of the throttle body, and see if the RPM comes down.I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is the aac valve the same as the IAC valve?
Expert:  Clayso replied 6 months ago.
Yes it is. Same function just different name.
Expert:  Clayso replied 6 months ago.
You can also unplug it and see if the idle comes down. Let me know that the idle comes down.Thanks
Expert:  Clayso replied 5 months ago.
Hi there, just checking to see if you got control of the idle on this vehicle. If the IAC/AAC is working properly verify that the roller on the throttle lever is off the fast idle cam and that the throttle cable is not too tight. If these are correct and working properly someone has adjusted the idle air bypass screw and has the idle speed to high.Let me know how this works out for you.Thanks