Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Good evening, I have no power at the tow receptical - checked

Customer Question

Good evening, I have no power at the tow receptical - checked fuses in the fuse compartment under the hood - they were good
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: no trailer lights on 2011 nissan armada
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: tested power at tow receptical, checked fuses under the hood
JA: Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: we had alot of rain lately, don't know if water would effect this or not
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Below is the wire diagram link I will be using. are 7 pins at the vehicles trailer connector. One of them is ground. When you say you have no trailer lights are you testing at the vehicle connector or the trailer? Are you using an alternate ground or the trailer connector ground? Do any of the remaining 6 pins power up per there function? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Good morning - using a power tester - I put my black ground on the middle pin and test each outer ring pin - no power on any of them. Tested the truck not the trailer - trailer lights work while connected to a separate truck at same location
Can you try an alternate ground so we can rule out the ground wire to blame?Also did you have the vehicle lights on during this test. Like the parking lights and hazard lights?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris