Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL PERFORMANCE. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

I have a 2002 nissan altima 2.5 litre replaced fuel pump crank

Customer Question

i have a 2002 nissan altima 2.5 litre replaced fuel pump crank sensor and cam shaft sensor cranks but doesn't start no codes
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: car was driving find and stalled on the freeway towed it home next day started up went for a test drive ran find used the car that evening and died again now it cranks but doesn't start.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes,I'm a mechanic but never had a problem like this one
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i don't have spark at the coils but coils are fairly new just bought car used about two months ago
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: no i just need an idea what to check thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Does the engine have injector pulse and fuel pressure while cranking? Have you checked for a reference voltage going to the TPS sensor?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yes i have injector pulse,and fuel pressure,but didn't have a chance to check volage to the tps yet,i do have 11.4 volts to the crank sensor
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Hello and sorry for the delay! If the engine has injector pulse, this means the computer is awake with the key on and while cranking. Dont worry about checking reference voltage to the TPS sensor. Does the engine have spark? Maybe you have bad tune up parts or a bad ignition coil. If the engine does in fact have spark, disable the fuel system and see if the engine will start and run on starting fluid. It should.. If it does not run on starting fluid, then either the ignition or valve timing is out of sync. It is as simple as that. Then we check compression and ignition timing.