Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Roag: my Nissan a 2015 transmission make a whine sound

Customer Question

my Nissan a 2015 transmission make a whine sound
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. This is most commonly due to torque converter failure which is causing the transmission pump to run dryer than normal causing the whining noise. The transmission would need to be replaced because of this type of failure. It would be covered under your power train warranty which is 5 years or 60k miles. If you have more than 60k miles on your car, then you would have to absorb the cost of repair. Do you have any more questions on this?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
not verry good but oh well i just lost 20.00
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.
If this is a 2015, I am sure you have less than 60k miles. So this would be under warranty and the dealer would replace the transmission for you. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!