Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2003 Nissan 350Z window will auto down but will not auto up,

Customer Question

2003 Nissan 350Z window will auto down but will not auto up, the only way it will go up ypu have to hold the button.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: a mechanic placed a new motor in a week ago but the window will not auto up and ev erytime the door opens the window drops about one inch
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. Both windows act this way? Do you know how to access the window motor to see if it's a simple program issue? Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only the driver side,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
window drops about 2 inches each time you opens door
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and if you open and close door several times the window will go down.. completely at 2 inches interval each time the door opens and close.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.. This is normally a window motor programming issue. To program the window motor, you will need to remove the door panel. How handy are you? Are you able to do that? If you are, let me know and I will continue to give you the directions. Let me know.