AMEDEE
AMEDEE, NISSAN MECHANIC
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL PERFORMANCE. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Stanza: I have a 1992 nissan stanza. I can start it , but the

Customer Question

I have a 1992 nissan stanza. I can start it , but the the engine pulsates or surges at idle and when you step on the gas it will not go above 2500 rpm
Category: Nissan
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 10 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. This condition is caused by an air/vacuum leak or a bad mass air flow sensor. Start by opening the hood and listening for a hissing sound at idle indicating a vacuum leak. Look close by the intake and throttle body as well as any vacuum hoses or lines and fix or replace as needed. In addition, be sure to check the air intake snorkle for cracks or rips and be sure it is attached on eother end nice and snug as this can cause your idle/surging conditiona as well as preventing the engine from reving up. If all checks out good, replace the mass air flow sensor.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 10 months ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!