Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My name is***** have a 2002 Sentra se-r with 5spd. If

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** have a 2002 Sentra se-r with 5spd. If I let off the gas the get on it hard there is a HUGE clunk. All of the motor mounts have been replaced. It feels like what a broken subframe mount would act like if it had a subframe
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really. Just a Huge clunk. All front end parts have been replaced and the car had a recent alignment
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  eric replied 10 months ago.
HI, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question. Ok, does it happen at any speed when you let off and then go to WOT, or just only at certain speeds Where does it feel like it is coming from - center of engine compartment, at the wheels in the front end Please remember that I am not there and therefore rely on you for as much detail as possible
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Happens only in 1st or 2nd gear. The vibration is more pronounced when cutting the wheel from a dead stop. When going straight there is a huge bang when going off then on the throttle hard. Feels like it's coming from drivers side. Trans is on the drivers side. The car pulls hard sometimes at low rpm (good torque) and other times doesn't. The clutch maybe lets off a little high but seems solid when engaged.
Expert:  eric replied 10 months ago.
HI, When you said that all the motor mounts were replaced, were you including the transmission mounts as well- they were also replaced? Have the control arms been checked for excess play
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
All 3 motor mounts, transmission mount, inner and outer tie rods, control arms, engine crossmember and bolts/bushings, plus just had an alignment after control arm replacement last week. All front end parts are new.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Except cv axles but theres no clicking and they seem good.
Expert:  eric replied 10 months ago.
HI,Hmmm, seems like everything that would cause that has been replaced. I have to say I am stumped. I will open this back up to other expers
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. Has lower control arms been checked to see if there bushings are broken allowing the arms to move which could give you the clunk?