Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Exterra: 06 exterra, I replaced the compressor due to the leak

Customer Question

06 exterra, I replaced the compressor due to the leak at the case halves, changed drier also. No contamination in the system. Worked for about a week and blew cool not cold. Replaced condenser and retried, pressures are good 220 high 40 low in florida. A/C fan quit so replaced that, blew cold for about three days and now cooler outside. Pressures are still good. I'm at a loss.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 7 months ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist how much freon did you fill the system with??? how long did you evacuate the system before charging??? Roy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Put in amount per placard in engine compartment, 87 kg I think. Evacuation til empty and vacuumed and leak check for 15 minutes each.
ok, thanks. what is the outlet temp in the car??? does it get colder when above idle??? I see you replaced the condenser, did you clean out the radiator fins of all dirt and debris???
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, radiator clean. Temps at vent are roughly ambient and it does not change off idle.it worked good for a week or so after each repair was completed. Now at a loss as to what is up.
are you sure that freon is not leaking out slowly??
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No leaks. Have the equipment to check all around, even the evaporator has no leaks.
from here, I cannot venture a positive failure without checking it myself. I will opt out and see if anybody else has any ideas for you. Roy
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Different tech here, the previous one opted out.While running is the compressor engaged and spinning?Are the evaporator lines at the firewall freezing cold?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes the compressor is engaging as normal and no the lines are cool if just ambient. But not heater line hot.
Thanks, ***** ***** lines are not freezing cold then the issue s going to be under the hood. Can you set the temp to cold, select max or recirculated AC, blower speed 2 and hold the rpms at 1500. I need to know the max and min range for the low and high side?SO far the symptoms point to low freon or compressor not moving enough freon. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will have more information this Saturday, that's when I can get back to the shop.
Thanks for the update.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris