Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

I have a 2014 nissan sentra's an I noticed whitish smoke coming

Customer Question

I have a 2014 nissan sentra's an I noticed whitish smoke coming from the exhaust while driving. I believe I was due for an oil change, and not having made the time, I may have put too much oil. Question is: will there be any lasting damage to my engine if I drive the 4 niles to have the oil changed; and what else should I be concerned about and have the techs to look at. Thanking you in advance for your timely as well as experienced reply!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 months ago.
HI there,There should not be any long term affects of driving it only 4 miles. The engine may misfire when you are driving it to get it there, and once the oil level is properly set, you may still get some smoking for a while as the residual oil burns out of the exhaust and the cylinders.You would want them to check the spark plugs and the air filter to be sure all is ok there, otherwise it should not cause a problem.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!
Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 months ago.
I thought I would repost this in case you were unable to view my first response.