sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

05 pathfinder blows hot air on the driver side and AC air on

Customer Question

05 pathfinder blows hot air on the driver side and AC air on the passenger side
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with AC issues. It could be something as simple as a blown fuse, or something slightly more complicated like a condenser. Any weird smells or rattling noises?
Customer: no
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to AC guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: good
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: This problem started after I replace the heater core a few month ago
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Honest truth, I don’t know where to start, it’s a daunting thought to have to take apart the dash again to gain access to the Air mix door motor
JA: Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!I'm assuming you're feeling the temperature difference when setting the system to cool with the a/c on.The problem may be with a/c performance or it could be a blend door issue. The blend door is the door in the heater box that moves to control temperature, if you have a dual zone system then there is a blend door for each side. If one door isn't moving because of a failed actuator or broken door then it will prevent controlling temperature on the affected side.Do you have a single or dual zone system?