peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

Jay, Are you familiar

Customer Question

Jay, Are you familiar with the "sucurity indicator light" coming on and locking up a Nissan patherfinder?
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I thought the website said there was someone waiting to answer the question?
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Try locking and unlocking the doors with the remote or key blade itself and see if it then starts and runs from there.If there is a security component at fault like the immobilizer that reads the key itself this fault here will occur.If locking and unlocking does not correct this issue here the fault codes will need checked/read out using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please cancel my question. Nobody got back to me and I had to towed to the dealer when it opened. No further charges please. Thank you, Brian
Once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
As I stated earlier this morning. I agree to the $5 deposit. However, my question was not answered in time and I had to take more expensive action. I will not pay the other $15 because I stated this before the reply. Thanks, Brian
I will send this to customer service for you. Thanks Pete