peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I'm replacing the front passenger door on a 2001

Customer Question

***** *****. i'm replacing the front passenger door on a 2001 xterra but I can't see whrere the wiring harness is going in the car
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: that's it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. You will have to follow the harness to see where it leads to on this model here.Usually it runs into the A pillar lower area under the dash and the interior trim needs removed to then access it to either disconnect the connections from it or follow the harness as far as needed to see where it disconnects.In some cases it disconnects right at the door itself or the wiring is actually pulled out from the door. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete