Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Pro4X: I own a 2009 Nissan Frontier LE Pro4X my headlights

Customer Question

Hi I own a 2009 Nissan Frontier LE Pro4X my headlights are not working. The previous owner installed HID Xenon lights. Great lights but last week the head lights does not come on, running lights work and so does the fog lights. Bought a repair owners manuel and looked at the electrical system scematics. Located the fuses that connects to the Hi and Lo beams which is after the headlight relays and got no potential on both sides of the fuses. Ouestion should I have potential at the fuse for the headlights with the ignition off? Should it be hot at all times? Please help me to get my light s back on. Mahalo Stephen
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** those fuses, they should only have power when the lights are on, they get there power from 2 fuses, one for the left and one for the right, did you check these with the lights on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tim, yes i did with light switch on. How does the call me option works. Do I call you or you call me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tim just saw the extra charges, that ok no need lets just text. Mahalo
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
ok, do you know where the right and left headlight relays are?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Located the low headlamp relay, downloaded it from google. Bottom row relays 3rd from the left. This is what I got from google. Bottom row from left marked Rear window defogger relay/ ECM relay/ Headlamp low relay/ Foglamp relay. Top row Relays from left marked Starter relay/ Head mirror relay/ Not Used/ Cooling fan relay/ Ignition relay. Tim are there another set of relays? Noting marked right and left headlight relays.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tim where are the right and left headlights relays located?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tim are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tim it's been an hour since your last reponse guess you're not there. I have to leave, was waiting for your reponse but no response. Hope i don't get charged. Please send me an email when you're available. Need some expert advice to get my lights working. PS hope you can be able to help me, trying to avoid the high prices of a mechanic shop. Mahalo Stephen
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
i AM SORRY, I LOST INTERNET CONNECTION YESTERDAY, BAD STORMS HERE IN COLORADO, i WILL BE ON ALL DAY TODAY IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE?