peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Arlet ,my nissan quest is doing this buzz sound when accelerating

Customer Question

Arlet ,my nissan quest is doing this buzz sound when accelerating it kind of stops when i go faster
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Nissan quest does a buzzing or whirling sound when i start pressing ghe accelerator It doesnt do it when its at a stop sign only when i press the gas when i go faster the sound hoes down
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In some cases this can be due to a fault with one or more wheel bearings failing.I have seen these fail before and can cause a noise similar to this here.If you have not had the wheel bearing/hub assemblies checked this needs done to see if this is for sure the cause needing replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Mmm I have read online that ir could also be heat shield or a broket bracket o/gusset?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just want to know all possibilities.Do you think this my be a transmission problem?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello
I apologize for the delay. Heat shield being broken or loose can definitely cause this here.I have seen several of these before cause this and had to replace or bend/re shape the shield for this issue here.If this has not been checked into this needs done.I dont suspect this is a transmission fault unless the vehicle is shifting incorrectly.I would check the heat shields and exhaust for any broken or bent or damaged components needing repaired or replaced for this fault here. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete