Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Maxima: how do i reset my security system 1996 nissan

Customer Question

how do i reset my security system for my 1996 nissan maxima
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. If it's the factory security system that is going off, the head lights would flash and horn would sound. If you have parking lights flashing that would be a after market alarm. To reset the factory alarm, simply use the mechanical key in either the drivers door lock cylincer or passenger door lock cylinder by locking and unlocking the door. Or you can use the trunk key hole as well. If the parking lights are flashing you would need to locate the after market alarm control module and unplug it's one biggest connector to disable it. If you have any more questions on this please feel free to ask. If not, and you are satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!