Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  41 years expierence on all cars and trucks to 2014

I own a 2010 nissa versa ans yesterday my break light and battery

Customer Question

I own a 2010 nissa versa ans yesterday my break light and battery light came on at the same time today I try to drive it and it started to drive and than it to slow down even while I was giving it gas not it just wont start
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: also the power steering when out and it got hard to drive
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: going to be two years in may
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no but I would like a ideal of what it is before I take it any were
JA: OK! The Nissan Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 6 months ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist the first thing I would do is check the battery. the battery light is an indication that the alternator is or has failed and the battery is carrying the full load of all systems. when the battery gets low voltage, it will effect running conditions as it needs a specific voltage to keep things going. when the alternator fails, the brake light is contained in that circuit and is common for coming on with the battery light warning. if you take it to a shop, they will most likely test both the battery and alternator and then determine the failure on the alternator side. let me know if you have any other questions Roy
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy