peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

2009 Nissan Cube won't start, has the intelekey light on, goes

Customer Question

2009 Nissan Cube won't start, has the intelekey light on, goes in to acc mode fine, brake lights come on,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: had issue with the steering lock keeping car from starting. got car to start and pulled F4 fuse to by pass steering lock. car started and seemed fine. today car won't start. steering wheel isn't locked, push button once and goes into acc mode, brake lights come on,
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if I can, actually need to get it started so tomorrow I can have it evaluated for hail damage from earlier this week.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: hasn't been a good week
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
could it be a brake switch
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Try locking and unlocking the vehicle with the remote or key and then see if it starts and runs then.If it does then this was a theft issue and the lock signal needed to be seen to correct this here.If this does not work what will have to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.I have seen failure of the key or remote cause this here as well as the immobilizer that reads the key needing replaced to correct this issue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete