eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

2002: 2002 Nissan Altima making a rattle noise from the front

Customer Question

2002 Nissan Altima making a rattle noise from the front when I put my foot on the gas petal
Category: Nissan
Expert:  eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.Ok, a rattling from the front end when accelerating is usually the sway bar links. Now if it is rattling from the engine compartment when accelerating, this may be the lifters, a worn out idler pulley or tensioner pulley or even a loose ac clutch coil assembly. If you can give some more detail on the noise and where it appears to be coming from(front end at the wheel area, engine compartment, etc) I can be a bit more specific
Expert:  eric replied 6 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks