Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

Nissan Rogue: 2008 Nissan rogue after driving about 280 miles

Customer Question

2008 Nissan rogue after driving about 280 miles got were wouldn't set cruise control. Cruise light was on and when tried to set it the set light would blink Check engine light eventually came on. I got home scanned it and it was P0715 code
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.
It sounds like your input speed sensor has gone bad or there is a problem with the speed sensor's wiring. Do you plan to replace it yourself?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes I do. I Have a Monte Carlo 3.1 and a mitsubishi montero sport 3.0 and I can work all around these. This rogue is my parents so I'm not familiar with it but if u can tell me the location and any tricks to it I know I can handle it. Also if u have any schematics and or pics that will be greatly appreciated
Thanks jeff
Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.
This is what nissan lists as the primary speed sensor. It should be the sensor to control the cruise. Unfortunately nissan doesn't differentiate in the diagram which sensor is input.
Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.
This is the secondary speed sensor.
Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.
The second sensor is listed as the output speed sensor, so I would replace the one in the first diagram based on the trouble code you are seeing.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm sorry about this stupid question but how is the best way to access it Be honest this car is new to me and I just haven't been under the hood but a couple times and I've never been underneath it.
Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.
You should be able to get to it from the under the hood. There is a little plastic duct that goes toward the front of the engine and then around the battery to the back. Between that duct and the corner of the battery look straight down and you should see the sensor in the top of the transmission.
Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.
Sorry, my arrow is a little funky.
Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.
I'm going to call it a night. I'll check in with you tomorrow to see if you need additional info.
Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.
I wanted to check and see if you need any additional help. Please don't forget to rate.
Expert:  Jared D replied 8 months ago.
Please don't forget to rate.