K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

98 NISSAN FRONTIER FRAME. TYPE OF STEEL? WOULD A REAR FRAME

Customer Question

98 NISSAN FRONTIER FRAME. TYPE OF STEEL? WOULD A REAR FRAME END REPAIR WHERE THE BUMPER BOLTS ON AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE VEHICLE? THE REPAIR WAS TO REINFORCE THE BUMPER BRACKET MOUNTING LOCATION. ENDS WERE PLATED TO RESTORE RIGIDITY.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Hello, it's high tensile strength steel, no type of alloy. Using a reinforcement plate to repair the bumper mount would not effect the structural integrety of the frame. The only thing I wouldnot recommendis towing with a bumper type trailer ball since the penetration of the weldsare unknown. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Follow ups concerning this are free even after you rate or accept.Thanks!