Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic, Mobile Elect., ARA Cert.
Experience:  Have been Repairing most makes of Nissan for over 30 years, even when they were Datsun

I am trying to remove the intake plenum.

Customer Question

My name is Ken. I am trying to remove the intake plenum. I have removed the front bolts but cannot remove the back bolts because I cannot see where they are due to the location of the engine.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have removed the 5 front bolts and removed the 4 bolts on the right side bracket but the plenum still appears to be bolted down. Are there any other bolts holding it to the intake manifold?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My phone number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 6 months ago.
.sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.There are only "5" Bolts retaining the Upper Intake, but there is a number of other steps to RemoveIF you would like me to post the Factory Service Manual procedures, please Accept the Offer for Premium Service.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service..
did you need more info?please respond or rate my answerthank you
are you going to rate my answer?please respond