Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

The gear shifter on a Nissan Versa won't move out of park.

Customer Question

The gear shifter on a Nissan Versa won't move out of park. The button on the shifter won't budge. It's a 2012..
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: So it's a 2012 Nissan Versa and the shifter is stuck. According to the manual, I can remove the cover with a screwdriver and then override the button. I've done that, and it works. But the question is why is this happening and how extensive is the repair.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. Does the brake lights work? This sounds like it could be a shift lock solenoid. Let me know?