Matt C.
Matt C., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Automotive Technician
64275627

Pathfinder: I have a Nissan Pathfinder 2006, my wife drove

Customer Question

I have a Nissan Pathfinder 2006, my wife drove it to her client's house and when she got ready to leave it would not say nothing. I went to her location and heard a low humming noise. It was coming from the throttle body electrical housing. I understand plugged it and it stopped. I plugged it back, the noise didn't come back right then, but I tried to crank it and it said nothing again, the humming started again. Checked the starter as it was working fine. I found the starter relay and pulled it. I cracked open the top cover then plugged it in, I placed a small screwdriver in between the pins of the relay connext or and the vehicle started. When I take the small screwdriver away it will not crank. What do you suggest is the the problem could be?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Matt C. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I would like to see if I can assist you with this problem. Have you tried swapping the relay? I would start by trying that. If that doesn't take care of the probem, remove the relay and have someone hold the key in the start position while you check to see if two of the relay pins have 12v and the other two have ground. Do this and let me know what happens.