Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

I have a 93 Nissan Quest minivan I'm having issues with

Customer Question

I have a 93 Nissan Quest minivan I'm having issues with getting it running on all cylinders and getting the check engine light to go off and stay off I have changed just about everything you can think of changed all the fuel injectors when was leaking but a new one replace that now I've got a different one that says it's leaking probably going to end up replacing that some videos that I've watched on YouTube people that say they've had the same problems that I'm having which is a rough idle while in gear and it stops say it's because of the distributor wanted to know if this is a good step to take?
The VIN number is:4n2dn11w7pd807112
Model:mpv
Date:10/92
This is all the information off the door jamb of the driver's side of the vehicle and it's the 3.0 liter
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If the engine is running rough then its likely misfiring, before you replace any thing I would start first with running a complete compression test on all cylinder to be sure you have good compression. If the compression checks okay the because the check engine light is coming on it would be very useful to know the fault code and or codes are that are setting when the check engine light is coming on. If you can do the compression test and get me the fault codes I will see if I can help you with this. Post back when you can and we can work from there.