sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Red flashing key icon. Car won't start. JA: The mechanics

Customer Question

Red flashing key icon. Car won't start.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: It's in my garage. I can't put into gear to push it out for a tow truck if needed.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!For whatever reason the key isn't being validated. It may be an immobilizer module issue, possibly a bus communication problem, or it may be the key itself.The most common cause of something like this is the key itself. The easiest thing to do, and one of the few options available if you don't have a scan tool to actually diagnose the issue, would be to try a second key. If it starts with a second key then you know the problem is the first key itself.Have you tried a second key?