Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Titan: Im working a friends 2010 nissan titan I pulled the

Customer Question

Im working a friends 2010 nissan titan I pulled the dash to replace a blend door motor somehow putting the dash back in the truck got shifted into 4LO now it won't come out..I've put the truck in Neutral and turned the switch to both 4H and 2wd and nothing happens I've tried rolling back in Neutral a few feet, rocking the steering wheel back and forth etc still nothing. at first I thought it was just displaying on the dash but I drove it and it is in fact in 4wd obviously I checked to make sure the switch is plugged in and it is.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. Put the truck in 4 low and make sure it engages.. Then put the truck into neutral, shift the*****to***** Then put the truck in reverse and back it up about 20 to 30 feet. Then put it in drive and go forward and see if it comes out of 4 low. Let me know how you make out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that 5-6 times earlier today nothing changed I didn't ever hear the transfer case trying to do anything
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Try doing a hard reset on the truck by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15 mins. Then try it and see if it comes out of 4 low.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried that too lol I left the battery disconnected for 45 and it came back on in 4low I'm a mechanics at a high performance shop so I checked everything that I could think of but I don't work on anything*****so I'm just looking for some ideas. I made sure the switch is plugged in,disconnected battery, tried rolling backwards a bit then shifting to 2wd still no change.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the type of scanner that could read all computer systems to check for fault codes? Did you check all fuses? Maybe a fuse blew Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do but its at work lol I'm going to get it tomorrow morning and my multimeter to try and ohm some thing as well as print out a diagram of fuses to check will you be on again tomorrow?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a test light to check all fuses with you now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No unfortunately lol I didn't plan on doing any electrical testing today
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Well if you followed the proper steps on the drivers sunvisor to get truck out of 4 low, and it does not work. You will need to start by checking fuses first. If all fuses are good, then the next step is to scan the truck to see what is going on. So you may be a little stuck. until tomorrow I am afraid. Unless you can pick up a test light to check fuses.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah for sure well ill be getting my tools in the morning ill give you an update after I check all the fuses
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
You got it!