mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

Just lost power while driving home from vacation. The power

Customer Question

just lost power while driving home from vacation. The power cut in and out and I just made it off the highway and to a hotel. I turned it off and now it is dead. won't start like the battery is dead.
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: Car won't start.
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: The power cut in and out but I was able to limp to this hotel.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't think so. It just has power issues.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
have you had the vehicle jump started also what year and model nissan do you have.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have not had it jump started yet. I don't think that is what I need. The car was running just dim lights and loss of accelerator. It was intermittent. once I turned the car off then it would not start back up but it ran (idled) fine.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is an 04 nissan quest
You will want to jumpstart the vehicle and check voltage while running you should have 14.4 or more whith the vehicle running. And of course by otslef not connected to the jumpstarter