Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

My 2015 frontier SV does not have navi gps. I want to install

Customer Question

my 2015 frontier SV does not have navi gps. I want to install a unit with xm, navi and
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: I want to replace a non-navi gps unit with one that does...
JA: Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. Once the truck does not come with it, it's not something that can just be added. The only way to put some sort of internal Navigation system is to install a after market one. Those range for install around 699.00 Here is a video of one that was installed in a Infiniti that did not have navigation. Once the truck does not come with Navigation, there is nothing in the harness as far as connectors for it, plus there are all other control units that would need to be changed as well since once you have a Navigation system that unit is part of the CAN system. There is just no way a factory one could be added. Do you have any more questions on this?