Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

Murano: My 2006 Murano service engine light keeps coming

Customer Question

My 2006 Murano service engine light keeps coming on and reading camshaft sensor I've changes both cam shaft sensors but the light keeps coming back on reading the same problem. ..The car ocasssionally stalls out and have trouble starting only when the service engine light is on
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
HI there,What is the P code exactly please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
Ok, as you know it's the rear bank sensor.If you are using aftermarket sensors, I would start by getting a factory replacement from the dealer. With the high failure rate, these are the most up to date of the bunch and we do see a lot of issues with the aftermarket sensors.If you are using sensors from the dealer, then I would check the connector. Sometimes the wires can push back out of the connector and not make good contact. This causes them to lose signal and fail from time to time.Since the car is running fine until it throws the code, i don't believe you have a mechanical issue here at all, but a wiring problem or just getting a dose of bad sensors in the aftermarket world.Please check and let me know.Thanks.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again! Hadn't heard back so I thought I would check and see if you need further assistance?