Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My car is making a noise like running over little bumps on

Customer Question

My car is making a noise like running over little bumps on side of rd. We have put new tires, new uv joints , new rotors and brake pads twice, still making noise at 35 to 40 miles hr. Don't hear at higher speed
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: 2007 nissanpathdinder
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Runs great just started this 2 months roughly ago
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No that's worrying me only vehicle I have scared to drive it
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
Have you had a mechanic test drive it?If not, cause I hate to tell people to do this, but I would like to know if the noise goes away if you shift into neutral and shut off the engine?If you do this, you have to be able to quickly turn the engine back on, if it's a stick just simply turn the key to run, press in the clutch, shift into 3rd gear and release the clutch.If it's an automatic usually you can just turn the key to start while in neutral.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My car starts fine it is automatic, it only does the noise when driving 35 to 40 miles an hr. When I let off gas it stops when I resume gas it is usually fine but will start back up soon after, does not do this at higher rate of speed.. Can't hear it outside but inside only,vibrates when sitting in back seat also in steering wheel
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I wanted to eliminate the engine and/or the exhaust as a source of this noise, hence the reason shut shutting off the engine.