Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai

I changes my spark plugs in my wife's nissan cube while doing

Customer Question

I changes my spark plugs in my wife's nissan cube while doing so I broke the valve purge solenoid on top of the intake so I bought a new one and replaces it now when I drive it the engine sputters
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 6 months ago.
The purge valve should not cause a rough running issue at all. My guess is that either the spark plugs are gapped wrong or they are not good enough to withstand the heat. Check there first.If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK what is the proper gap for them and also I did not use the dielectric grease will that cause a problem
What year cube is this? And no, dielectric grease is not conductive and it is only used for waterproofing.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The gap is 0.044". Make sure they are OE plugs, like NGK Or Denso Iridium.