Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

I have a 2009 Nissan Quest. The cover they opens by a switch

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Nissan Quest. The cover they opens by a switch on driver side door isn't opening. With this in mind and not being able to force open is there a manual way to open it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The outside cover plate on area you put gas in want open. There's a switch on driver side door you normally push for it to open but it want. Is there a manual way to open it so I can put gas in tank
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 6 months ago.
Hey there thanks for the question. An IMMEDIATE remedy to get the fuel door to open if it's NOT unlocking is to place something on the center right hand side of it to carefully pry it open. You may want to tape the painted area to make sure it doesn't scratch. The lock is simply a little actuator that holds a metal tab that bends easily. Im not sure if your saying the gas door won't unlock or if its just not partially opening? that will determine how to proceed with a fix later, I was giving you a way to get gas in the car for the time being.