Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

Anti theft on 2006 Nissan Titan I put the key everything

Customer Question

***** ***** anti theft on 2006 Nissan Titan I put the key everything works but no ding from key in ignition need to jump anti theft relay
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Security light flashing truck won't crank
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The whole story is motor had cracked block replaced it now anti theft is not communicating with start relay want to bypass the anti theft relay see if it starts or if it's a bad bcm
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,Is the security light on solid?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.
OkThere isn't anything to bypass when the immobilizer is set. The good news is that it's unlikely you need to replace the BCM. You probably just lost the code in the key and bcm because of the battery being disconnected for a while. You will have to have the keys reprogrammed, either by the dealer or in some cases mobile locksmiths are able to do this as well.There simply isn't a relay for you to bypass in the system, it's all handles with radio frequency and the computers communicating with each other. If the check engine light comes on when you turn the key on, then it should be as simple is reprogramming to get you started. The truck will have to be towed to the dealer if you decide to go that route. They need the whole truck.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!