Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair

Xterra: , I have a 2004 Xterra. The over drive button is

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2004 Xterra. The over drive button is stuck in(doesn't click back out) there is no OD off indicator light on. It appeared to never shift out of first gear, and when I shut it off to try and reset it - truck will not start. No response, like a dead starter. Lights work, radio works, truck has power, just no ignition. Tested the starter and it tests good.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Before we address the Overdrive problem we need to be able to start the engine. If you are sure the starter is okay then you need to check the signal from the ignition switch to the starter. I have enclosed the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. have also enclosed the start circuit wiring diagram in the link below for reference as well.