Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

Altima: My 2013 altima starts off very very slowly but when

Customer Question

My 2013 altima starts off very very slowly but when I get up to 55 miles per hour the rpms are good and it goes fine, they tell me it's the computer could that be right
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,Who is "they" dealer or an independent shop?Is the check engine light on?Finally is the car an auto or manual?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Auto independent shop told me transmission talked to nissan they told me to bring it in they find it hard to believe with 50000 miles trainees bad and said good chance it is computer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Check engine light is on
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.
OkThanks for the info. To be honest I would also be surprised if the issue was the transmission unless it's a cvt. They can be known to fail especially if it's been serviced with the wrong transmission fluid. It's not common and I do agree the transmission should be tested and then if nothing found replace the computer. Sometimes a bad ground can cause issues inside the transmssion as well. If you know the code could you let me know what it is?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Error code p0886
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.
I am not finding that code specifically for this car. It's a code for a low power supply to the transmission control module however. This would indicate there is a problem with the relay or the IPDM or wiring harness that is causing the issue with the transmission and not the transmission itself. I hate to say it, but I agree it should head to the dealer to be properly diagnosed.Also, this may be covered under the 3yr/36k and should most definitely be covered under the 5yr/60k powertrain warranty if it does actually have to be replaced.