Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2009 Nissan Altima who's battery stopped working.

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Nissan Altima who's battery stopped working. I changed out the battery and now my car won't start at all?
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: No,it was starting just fine until I changed the battery out
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: Lights come on but not the ignotion
JA: Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: The battery is brand new
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.
HI there,Does the engine crank and not start or no cranking at all?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No crank at all,just swapped the battery cause it was running low and as soon as I swapped it,it stopped working. It was perfectly fine prior to that
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.
OkFirst, the security indicator on the dash, is this going out?This is the car icon on the right side of the instrument cluster.Is this a push button or does it have an ignition key?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Push button,and the indicator is flashing.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.
OkDoes it go out when you push the button to start it?Also, do you hear any sounds at all when you push the button?