rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

My 2008 Honda fit keeps stalling when not completely

Customer Question

***** ***** my 2008 Honda fit keeps stalling when not completely warm in the morning
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: car dies when I come to a complete stop it runs like it needs air
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confidentwe can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skilllevel. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies toget to satisfactory results. Please be patient!I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.There is a part called a coolant temp sensor that is responsible for allowing good performance for cold engines. You can test this with a scan tool or a scope. See attachment.Thanks, Ron
Expert:  Jake replied 6 months ago.
I just wanted to add additional information that may be of benefit here. If the idle and stalling issue is related to a cold engine then it's usually a valve lash adjustment that's needed on these cars. Runs close to $200 at your local dealer and does not produce a fault code.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the help Jake. I'm not at my database right now.Ron