Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

If a Car Is not longer knocking. Nissan Quest Van will The

Customer Question

If a Car Is not longer knocking. Nissan Quest Van will The Knock sensor clear it self over time?
JA: Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: how much will this cost. its a knock code P325. nothing you can hear.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to. Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 8 months ago.
Hey there, thanks for the question. Any code will clear itself over time IF the problem is corrected. It works based off key cycles.
Expert:  Jake replied 8 months ago.
The think to keep in mind though is that a knock sensor code will not trigger a service engine light. Only when there is another code will the light come on. Most knock sensor codes are noticed by accident when pulling additional fault codes.
Expert:  Jake replied 8 months ago.
If you simply have JUST a knock sensor code, then I would not be concerned at all. It was extremely common for the sensor to fail on these vans. Most people who do not have to pass inspection will simply leave the bad sensor installed because it will not effect the operation of the vehicle at all.
Expert:  Jake replied 8 months ago.
if you have further questions let me know please and I will be happy to help. If not just be sure to leave a kind rating so the site credits me for my time.