mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

I have a 2002 Infiniti Q45 - I pressed the VDC off button and

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Infiniti Q45 - I pressed the VDC off button and now I have the VDC SLIP and ABS lights on the dash.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with ABS (as well as brakes in general.) Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: No I dont have a code - I am on the site trying to figure it all out.
JA: No worries. You and the mechanic can figure that out together. Ok, so other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: It runs great
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I also need to get a some kind of harness for the RH seat belt to turn off the Supplemental Air Bag warning light.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  mike switzer replied 8 months ago.
are the lights only on when you press the button or are they stuck on.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They are stuck on.
you said you have no codes what scanner are you using or who is scanning it. because if the abs light is on there will be a code but you need a scanner that can access that system. parts stores that scan for free their scanners cannot access that system it only does global obd which is only engine codes.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yeah I have my own scanner - that only does engine codes. Should I get a mechanic to scan it for me and get back with you?
that would be the first step otherwise you would be spinning in circles trying to find a direction.