Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

Bob , and my anti theft keeps going off, then saying code P1612?

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: car still starts , but alarm goes off at times when parked
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
card go through?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,Whats the year and model of your nissan please?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
01 maxima
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.
OkIf the car will start then the nats code you have is an old code and not related to the issue at hand.If the alarm is randomly going off, the first thing to do is to remove the key fob or have it tested at a parts store. These can send out a false signal and set the alarm off at random times.The other fairly common issue is water in the key switch on the doors. Over time they corrode and send signals that cause the alarm to kick on whenever it feels like it. To check these you have to remove the door panels and look at the wiring on the switch.Finally, last but not least, the hood switch. If it's misadjusted it to can set the alarm off. It's not common for this to happen but it can happen. I would say the fob is the most common, followed by the door locks and then the hood switch.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok ty was suspecting the FOB , but on occasion it would shut down the alarm , but not lock or unlock doors
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.
Ok, this could point to the keyless entry control module, but it sounds like it's the best place to start. The larger parts stores can usually test them at no charge in a matter of minutes. If you remove it or it's battery and the issue stops, then you know it's time for a new one.Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you out.Also, please remember to rate my answer. Thanks so much!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
keyless entry module or the key FOB?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.
Well the parts store can test the fob, I believe it will be the actual problem here. Usually when the control mod fails you lose more and don't just have the alarm going off like this.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?