mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have a 2003 350z touring that we just put a new motor in and now all it does when you try to start it is "click"
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
if it is a single soild click you most likely have a bad starter. you can try tapping on the starter while attemping to crank but even if that works it is temporary and you will need a new starter. a lot of times not being used for a while or just un bolting them and re bolting them in it moves them around enough they just fail. i have had many starters fail after messing around in the area replacing engine or transmission. heck happened to me on wednesday.