Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2000 Altima , no injector pulse . it will run on carb

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Altima , no injector pulse . it will run on carb cleaner. if i unhook and rehook battery it will run fine .
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no check engine light on , no stored codes, i have done the security reset . no change . when key is off security light flashes every few seconds . when cranking or running light is off. when i have it running , runs great no issues at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. When you turn the key to the ON position, is the security light on solid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is not
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Do you know if the injectors have power?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They must , when i unhook and rehook battery it starts , runs , drives fine.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I thought it only ran with starting fluid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was before i disoverd about unhooking battery to re set security system . As it disables the injectors. I have all so done the key on key off to relearn
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Does the car start now? I would like to try some things while it doesn't start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As if right now its starting and running fine
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
How often does it act up?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Do you know if the car has remote start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not have remote start , this happene 2 days ago. Outa the blue. No issues be 4 that.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Did it happen just that one time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bout dozen times Be fore i learned to unhook battety to For it to re set
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Well I can't help determine the issue if it's not happening. How many times have you reset the battery to get it going?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bout 4 times , im thinking the keys or bcm may be at fault .dealer to test those ???
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Are the keys you have Nissan Keys or After Market? I know you have looked for the security light but are you looking for the security light when the engine is turning over or when you turn the key to the ON position?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Factory keys ,when key is off light blinks . When cranking or running light is off
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
When Cranking, the light will be out. You want to turn the key to the ON position where all the dash warning lights come on and see if the security light is ON Solid. The light should be off if it reads the key. If the light is ON then you would have a Immobilizer acting up. When the Immobilizer is active, it kills injector pulse like you are describing. So you really want to pay attention to the key in the ON position, not the Cranking position. I can keep this question open so the next time this happens you can double check and let me know.. will that work for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it wiil , thank you
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome. Talk to you soon. Just so you know my schedule. During the week I am online after 7 pm EST till 10 or 11 pm so you know when you can find me. Weekends are up in the air type of schedule.