Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2000 Altima , no injector pulse . it will run on carb

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Altima , no injector pulse . it will run on carb cleaner. if i unhook and rehook battery it will run fine .
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
there is no check engine light on , no stored codes, i have done the security reset . no change . when key is off security light flashes every few seconds . when cranking or running light is off. when i have it running , runs great no issues at all
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. When you turn the key to the ON position, is the security light on solid?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No it is not
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
Do you know if the injectors have power?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
They must , when i unhook and rehook battery it starts , runs , drives fine.
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
I thought it only ran with starting fluid?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That was before i disoverd about unhooking battery to re set security system . As it disables the injectors. I have all so done the key on key off to relearn
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
Does the car start now? I would like to try some things while it doesn't start.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As if right now its starting and running fine
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
How often does it act up?
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
Do you know if the car has remote start?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It does not have remote start , this happene 2 days ago. Outa the blue. No issues be 4 that.
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
Did it happen just that one time?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Bout dozen times Be fore i learned to unhook battety to For it to re set
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
Well I can't help determine the issue if it's not happening. How many times have you reset the battery to get it going?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Bout 4 times , im thinking the keys or bcm may be at fault .dealer to test those ???
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
Are the keys you have Nissan Keys or After Market? I know you have looked for the security light but are you looking for the security light when the engine is turning over or when you turn the key to the ON position?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Factory keys ,when key is off light blinks . When cranking or running light is off
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
When Cranking, the light will be out. You want to turn the key to the ON position where all the dash warning lights come on and see if the security light is ON Solid. The light should be off if it reads the key. If the light is ON then you would have a Immobilizer acting up. When the Immobilizer is active, it kills injector pulse like you are describing. So you really want to pay attention to the key in the ON position, not the Cranking position. I can keep this question open so the next time this happens you can double check and let me know.. will that work for you?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes it wiil , thank you
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
Your welcome. Talk to you soon. Just so you know my schedule. During the week I am online after 7 pm EST till 10 or 11 pm so you know when you can find me. Weekends are up in the air type of schedule.