Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  import Technician . Shop Owner ,. 27 years experience,
29331485

Nissan/Datsun Almera tino 2,2 d: I have a 2003 almera tinto,

Customer Question

I have a 2003 almera tinto, that wont start. When i turn the key, there is light in the instruments, but the starter does nothing. If i tow it, the engine starts imediatly.
I have tried to put it to "N" while driving on the road and stop the engine. When i afterwerds turn the key, while the car still is running in "N", the engine starts ok. When i came home and stopped the engine, i tried imediatly after to start i again, but nothing happens.
What can be wrong?
Finn from Denmark
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Finn. On this model in a normal situation when all is working do you have to press the clutch to start the engine . As most Nissan's depending where built have to have this safety option to start. If yes then check the Clutch safety switch by disconnecting and using a paper clip jump the pins and then try and start . The other possibilities are ,Starter circuit damage ,Wiring damageBad connections .Starter relay, Ignition switch malfunction . Check these issues first then get back to me if needed . Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.