Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Its been getting aorse n more often,but i have to hold clutch

Customer Question

its been getting aorse n more often,but i have to hold clutch pedal down and key to start position and jiggle my shifter around to get it to start on my 96 nissan pathfinder 5sp.
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: im guess its the original
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: great otherwise
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no thank u
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,What happens when it won't start?Do you hear a single click or any sounds from the starter?