Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Maxima: The connector door panel wiring came loose

Customer Question

The connector for my door panel wiring came loose I don't know whichI wire goes where can you help me
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. You need the wire layout for your master window switch? Is that right?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes I need a diagram of how the wires go
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is a picture of it
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.
Go figure, I have 2002 through 2005 Maxima but not 2001 made. I will make you the diagram to help you. In the mean time, I am going to show you one I had already made to show you what it is going to look like.. Ok? It will take me about 20 mins to make.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.
This is one I made for a 04 Murano. Just so you have a idea what the one I am going to make you looks like. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/04%20Murano%20Window%20Switch%20Harness%20Layout.jpg Starting to work on it now.. Give me a few please..
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok kool
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.
almost done.. Can you read the example one I gave you so you know what yours will look like?
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/2001%20Maxima%20Window%20switch%20layout.jpg That is the window switch layout that I made for you. Let me know if you have any more questions on this. If not, and you are satisfied with my help, please Rate me so I can get credit for my work. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes I can read it is the illum wire the wire for the dashboard lights
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.
Yes, when you turn the lights on, that is the wire that lights up the switch
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That was my main problem I wasI having the dash light come on during the daytime but will notwork at night because I jane that auto cut on with my lights
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.
Did you check your dimmer switch for that? Did the dash lights work with that wire out of the switch?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I.didnt check that but the dinner switch was my next thing
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.
If you have any more questions on this topic, please feel free to ask. If not, and you are satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is the dimmer switch easy to install
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.
Yes it is. I just pops out and snaps back in.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Whats the difference between the dimmer switch and the multifunction.switch
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.
Multi function switch? What switch is that? I have never heard of that type of switch on this car. You have the combination switch which are the switches off the steering column for the wipers and lights. The dimmer switch is a small switch to set the brightness of the dash lights. If you have a After Market Radio installed, you may want to make sure the Illumination wires are not used and capped off. Thanks Jay!
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.
Are you satisfied with my help on this?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes I took it to a shop and they wanted to charge me 500 dollars for aI dimmer switch and a multifunction switch
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.
I didn't know you had a dash light issue. Your question was originally just for the window switch wire layout which I provided. Please Rate me if you are Satisfied with my help so I can get credit for my work. Thank Jay!