Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Rear brake pads and rotors replaced: ABS, TCS OFF, SLIP warning

Customer Question

rear brake pads and rotors replaced: ABS, TCS OFF, SLIP warning lights all on
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with ABS (as well as brakes in general.) Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: I do not have any codes but can download
JA: No worries. You and the mechanic can figure that out together. Ok, so other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: just had a mass air flow sensor replaced because of rough running and now it has a whistle whine under acceleration that does not seem to be there during coasting
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. What year and Model Nissan is this? If you have codes that would be helpful for your ABS issue.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not have any codes and the invoice states that the only code that showed was the mass air flow sensor that was replaced. Since putting the fuse back in for the ABS, every time I get back in the car, no lights show as warning but as the brakes are applied, the ABS system kicks in and does its things. After about four of these cycles, all of the previous mentioned warning lights come back on and everything works fine
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2006
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.
Did you have this issue before you had the brake work done?