Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

Nissan g35: My infiniti g35 2003 that just had a fuel pump

Customer Question

My infiniti g35 2003 that just had a fuel pump put in it yesterday at the dralership just quit while driving. What is going on with this car. They ran it through all the tests yesterday. Grrr
Category: Nissan
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
these engines are known for crank sensors to go bad. that is the first place i would look if the dealership ran it through all the test and confirmed the fuel pump that is. i are relatively cheap and not terribly hard to get to . but that is your most likely issue. if you have no further questions i would appreciate a rating if you have a moment. it is how the site compensates us. we are not paid until rated.
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question, Crank Sensors are not common. Cam Sensors how ever are more common. If the car shut off on you like the ignition was turned off, I would look into the Cam Sensors. If they have been replaced with After Market ones, they never work right and can cause stalling like this and not set codes. So you want to make sure this logo is on the Cam Sensors to verify it's a OEM sensor. CLICK HERE TO VIEW IMAGE If it stalled like you ran out of gas, I would certainly have them recheck there fuel pump repair. Other wise you could be looking at a MAF sensor issue. That would give you a Bogging run out of gas type of feeling. Let me know if you have any more questions on this.