Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

During starting of 1994 sentra starter disengaged. Engine

Customer Question

During starting of 1994 sentra starter disengaged. Engine did not get started. Now nothing when key is turned to start position. Have replaced neutral safety as found had no reverse lights. That is resolved now. Also replaced inhibitor/ clutch relay. Still nothing. Started and solenoid new within last year. Any ideas
Category: Nissan
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Have you checked for battery voltage down at the starter with the key in the crank position?

Expert:  Jake replied 8 months ago.

Hey there, Looks like Amedee is planning to help you with this, but he is awaiting a reply from you to get the process started.

Knowing whether we have an automatic or a manual transmission is a good place to start and whether or not you have access to a volt meter to do some checks.

The starting circuits on this year sentra are pretty simple, so a voltmeter can make short work of a diagnosis if you have access to one.

Here are some wiring diagrams to help you'll out. Should you need me for anything else just ask.

Good luck to youll.