Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Lunges and runs rough at idle speed 2000 modelyear

Customer Question

lunges and runs rough at idle speed 2000 modelyear
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 8 months ago.

Hey there, so this is a quest correct?

and the only issues your experiencing are at idle correct?

Do you have any trouble codes at all?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it is actually a mercury villager but its the same motor as the quest completely. the code oraginally said that it was a sensor that was attached to the fire wall, I dont remember what it was called. I replaced it but it did not fix the problem. I have had three mechanics look at this. ive put new injectors in and other expensive repairs, with no possative results. I think it is some kind of a vacume issue with the sensing system. it runs great at every speed other than idle. at idle it lunges and runs very rough.
Expert:  Jake replied 8 months ago.

attached to the firewall? Was it an EGR related code? BPT, temp sensor etc? they are on the back of the engine by the firewall

Expert:  Jake replied 8 months ago.

The reason I ask is because anytime you have low loping idle issues or anything of that nature that completely disappear when driving it's important to consider the EGR system since if it sticks open it will dump hot exhaust gas into the intake at idle similar to an air leak and cause weird idle issues. It will dissapear when driving.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what does the erg system consist of
Expert:  Jake replied 8 months ago.

it could have also been the MAP/BARO solenoid by the firewall? I am just trying to figure out what the original code is before proceeding and seeing if the code remains after replacing the part?